March 3-9, 2013 is Dental Assistants Recognition Week
“Key to Productivity: The Professional Dental Assistant” is the theme for this year’s annual Dental Assistants Recognition Week (DARW). March 3-9, 2013 has been designated as DARW by the American Dental Assistants Association, the Canadian Dental Association and the Canadian Dental Assistants’ Association. Dental Assistants are vital to the success of a dental practice. They can work chairside with the dentist, taking X-rays or managing the business office, teaching or working in insurance or sales.
“Here at Pacific Dental Services,” says Talent Acquisition Manager Vickie Thome: “the Dental Assistants are the backbone of the Dentist’s practice. They need to be able to “connect” with our patients, show empathy, be a team player and ultimately put the patient first. They have to be able to work with many different personalities and adapt to how the dentist works. “
According to Talent Acquisition Coordinator Carlos Flores: “We look for the following when sourcing for RDAs:
- At least one year of registered dental assisting experience.
- We need an individual that is self-motivated, fast paced, and eager to serve our patients.
- Most importantly, someone who is eager to provide the Perfect Patient Experience, every step of the way!”
Adds Colorado-based Talent Acquisition Manager Amber Appleby: “Here in the Rocky Mountain Region, we look for outgoing, energetic, patient focused Dental Assistants. People that really enjoy caring for others and making their dental experience a positive one. We also love TEAM PLAYERS! We have a large region and lots of office openings so we need people who will be willing to step up to the plate and help out their fellow teammates when the time comes!”
Here are current Registered Dental Assistant/Dental Assistant Openings at PDS-supported offices:
- Lead Registered Dental Assistant – Scottsdale
- Registered Dental Assistant- Thousand Oaks
- Registered Dental Assistant – Westlake Village
- Registered Dental Assistant – Redondo Beach
- Registered Dental Assistant- Moreno Valley
- Registered Dental Assistant – Sacramento
- Registered Dental Assistant – Folsom
- Registered Dental Assistant – Simi Valley
- Extended Duties Dental Assistant (EDDA)- Aurora
- Dental Assistant- Boulder
- Dental Assistant- Colorado Springs
- Dental Assistant- Broomfield
- Lead Registered Dental Assistant – Tualatin, OR
- Registered Dental Assistant – The Woodlands, TX
- Dental Assistant – Sugarland, TX
For more information on career opportunities at Pacific Dental Services-supported offices, visit jobs.pacificdentalservices.com
Dr. Matthew Darbro, PDS-supported dentist, couldn’t have said it better: “In my best days practicing dentistry, when the crowns look perfect or the patient says the denture feels good, when the patient brings in cookies to thank the office, in those moments, there always was a dental assistant that helped make it happen.” Read the rest of this dentist’s blog post about the important work of dental assistants in his practice.